The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

10.18.2005

Another day in paradise
that's what we call everyday around here. I haven't checked in for a while, thought I'd see how everyone was! It's October already, but it's hard to tell around here. The whole tropical thing makes it hard to imagine red and gold maple trees, cups of hot cider and bon fires on cool evenings. Happy Fall, even if it doesn't feel like it to me. All this talk about the fall makes me a bit home sick, but I know that won't last long. Especially when snow sets in, and we're still laying by the pool! Which is what I did this weekend. Napped, read my favorite books, just for some added comfort, and played music. Does it get any better for me? No. I've got the coffee IV hooked up today, I mean straight to the bloodstream please!!! I love the whole "let's play music till wee hours of the morning"...the part I dislike is "let's get up early to go to work the next day". Minus that, it's great! Snow crab season is open here. I only know this because for a tip for playing music last night we recieved a big bag of crabs, and a bottle of wine. That's love for ya, right there! It's cloudy here today, and there's talk of another hurricane. I feel like a nap may be in order this afternoon.
Have a good Tuesday

1 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shoot, it's finally fall here in Texas. Because we haven't had rain in three months, the leaves are all dead and brown and on the ground already. What I wouldn't give for some snow and a real changing of the seasons! The tropics are stunningly beautiful, but I get bored too easily, I guess.

t-bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home