The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.15.2005

I guess my problem with bloggin' lately is that there's so many things going on in my head, I don't know where to start. I'm in this paradise of places, surrounded by ocean, and beaches, and palm trees, and more tourist shops that i know what to do with. I really like my job, it's such a great opportuinity for me to further my own business that I'm trying hard ot keep up with here. There are new people to meet, which I love, and a contentment that I haven't had in a while. Then there's the situation of the Cowboy Man, and how when he asks when I'm coming home, I catch myself before I say," this is my home for now, stop asking me to come back to that shit hole of a town and be unhappy again" I don't say it, just tell him that he should come visit here instead, and pray that there is an easy solution to that one. To off set that worry, I just keep thinking that perhaps there is a puupy in my future, a warm something to share my bed, though I have my eye on a few other prospects for that position as well. More to clutter my mind. Just when I think I'm going to explode from all that is my life these days, I stop, look around, look at the stars tonight, and hear the ocean, and love it. I love having things to do, not a meager exisitance in a nowhere town, where everyone is always bored, and never hopes to change that. I have irons in the fire? yeah, but I like it, I feel like creative things inside me are coming alive again, and there's nothing like that feeling.
Just finished up Robert James Waller's latest novel, and I'll say, he's written better. Good book, but I'm glad I own other work he's published, so I can go back and fall in love with him as a writer all over again. As Julia says, " when you grow up, you can marry him" I think that's a good idea. Need a good book, with out a sloppy happy ending? grab a copy of "Border Music "on ebay for about $.25, though I think it's worth a lot more. I'm far to pensive tonight to sleep, but know I need to get that way. Maybe I can spend some time getting thought organized, instead of being such a mental mess today. Glad y'all love me anyway, scatter brain or not.
toodles

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There have to be people who live in nowhere towns, because if everybody crowded into paradise it wouldn't be paradise! Sometimes bliss is created not only by what you find in a place, but also with what you don't. Sadly, that may include your Cowboy Man. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that is for you.

We all have a paradise in our minds, and it's not always the same as the next person's. I love love love the beach, but I may never live within a stone's throw of one.

Take care, Chesa!

Texas T-bone

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Joe said...

You girls are now (A) The Road Home on my blog. Take THAT alphabitizing!

Chess...again...loved talking to you last night. If you weren't working right now, you're phone would be ringing. I have so many questions! ;)

Hope you ladies (and 1 husband minus two stepkids) have a great weekend!

Hug!

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you didn't have a chance meeting with Katrina. That beeyatch can really blow!

– T-bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home