The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.06.2005

I'm feeling lucky

...no, not that kind of lucky, my boyfriend is 1800 miles away!!! But you're right, for two girls in the whirlwind adventure of a lifetime, we're crappy at posting anything about it. It's because suddenly there's so much more to see, so much more to do, and certainly more to drink. I wish there was time and words to tell it all, but there just isn't...that and there's a thunder storm rolling in, so I'm concerned about the lightning and the effect on the 'puter. Let me just say...it's been many years since either Julia or myself have partied hard enough to just keep going till we had to be at work the mext morning. It's one of those stories that fall under the category of " things to tell in the nursing home". Key West is one of those places that it feels small, because the island is only 2 miles by 4 miles, but you feel like you're in a big place because of all of the new faces you get to see each week. There are a few faces that are locals that we like to look at, mostly because they're good looking, but we're making friends as well. There's something about being in a new place, and realizing that you suddenly have people in town that know you!
All this to say that Julia and I stay busy in our new life, working, meeting and playing. There goes the lightning again, so more in a couple of days..
there's a saying here, thought I'd share...
if you're lucky enough to live in Key West, you're lucky enough.......I agree

1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom grew up on an island that was 1 mile wide by 3 miles long. Together, the residents fought back the tides, the sluggish fishing-based economy, the harsh weather and, eventually, the annoying tourists. I like how the time on most islands (except Manhattan) moves so much slower than on the mainland, even if you live full-time on the island.

I'm hoping mountain time will be half as sweet.

– T-bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home