The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.29.2005

I had this whole post typed out about how we survived the hurricane ok, minus some high winds and lots of rain, but then I lost it. DAMN. My heart goes out to the folks in New Orleans, as their city is below sea level anyway, and with no power, there's no way for them to pump the excess water out. I've always been a little fascinated my New Orleans, and I'm not sure why. Something about the good food, the sweaty summer, and the magic of the place. I plan on some day having Beignets and Cafe au Lait on a steamy morning, in a cafe in theFrench Quarter, dressed in a long skirt, a white button up shirt and wooden beaded necklaces. After all the thought I've put into it, I'd hate if some ole bitch of a hurricane got there before me. Like I read in the New Orleansnewspaperr the other day, "if we can make it through Mardi Gras, we can make it through Katrina". We hope so. I'm still to inlove with Key West to leave. I did have an adventure of chasing a crab out of the pool today. No where but in the Keys I guess. It must have been funny to watch, me trying to catch the things, trying to keep the dog from getting it's nose pinched, and all the while making sure I didn't flash the neighbors where I had been sun bathing in very little. I love that I can laugh at myself today.
Happy Monday

5 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you and Katrina didn't have a cat fight (although I bet you would have won). I'm not sure I want to hear about crabs in your pool!

Refreshing to hear someone's New Orleans fantasy involving a sharply planned wardrobe. Most people I've heard have plans to wear nothing but a diaper and a Burger King crown while downing their upmteenth hurricane cocktail.

Take care, Chesa.

– Texas T-bone

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Christa said...

well, we've got all the cocktails you could want around here... a crown and a diaper, never considered that one. Hope all is well in TBone Land

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Joe said...

When I got your voicemail about the crab, I burst out laughing. And then I shoved my face with pizza.

I'm off for the weekend, but I will definitely drop you a line next week.

Listen...how far away are you from Orlando? Rumor has it that I might be flying down there in October...

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Christa said...

close enough I might pitch in for a jump flight down! When in October, cause that's when Fantasy Fest is!!!

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey todaynoticed your blog and thought I would drop a Hey today to also see if you want to exchange some links??
Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home