The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

9.13.2005

Update: Summer O' Fun

I suppose technically the summer is over in most of the country. Kiddies have gone back to school in new sneakers, beachballs are now inflated and stored in the garage, camping gear has been cleaned and put away and the old routine once again resumes. This past spring Chesa and I declared the summer months as our summer o' fun, planning camping trips and long drives in the jeep, drinkin beer. Summer didn't go exactly as planned, but I can testify that it was a hell of a lot of fun. We ended up moving here, drinkin a shitload, and just all around living it up. We got to spend a month by ourselves, basically on vacation, taking five minutes here and there to pretend we were looking for employement. We flirted a whole bunch, we had a fourth of July that we will not soon forget and did I mention the drinking? yeesh. The only reason I know that the summer has ended is because I happened to look at the calander today. It still feels like summer, its still toasty, we still have the pool toys next to the pool, the top is still down on the jeep and we still haven't been to the beach. We plan to rectify that ASAP, by the way. It is strange living in a never ending summer, I keep waiting to see the leaves change and think, Damn! I didn't get to do all of the fun things I had planned for the season! Right now I feel like I'm still on vacation and my boss just called to say, "take another week, stay, do it all!" Whoopie!!!!
The new plan is to purchase a boat, since we live on the canal and extend our horizons to private beaches, swimming in the ocean, and fishing. Oh yeah, and drinking on board. Can't forget that. I suppose we need to revise the 'summer o' fun' to the 'year o' fun'? Or maybe a new title all together, hmmm.

5 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next-gen Saturn Vue
What you are looking at is actually the Opel Antara GTC that GM unveiled at Frankurt on Monday, but according to GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz, it "will be idential to the future Saturn Vue". With the Opel Antara ...
there is only one way to do a thing, and you have guessed it! The right way! And this software is the very best there is.

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gals get the BEST spam comments ever. I'm pretty sure the next-generation Saturn Vue probably doesn't float as well as a typical boat, though! Make sure you have a designated boat-driver, though; the water can get mean with beergoggles.

It's still about 100 degrees every day here in Texas. Before I know it, "winter" will come and it will be 80.

- t-bone

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I love your spam comments. They make me pee with laughter. At least the other one had the courtesy to say how great your blog was. :-D

Your boss told you to "Take another week"!? Um...can I have sex with your boss please? That is so awesome.

Chesa sent me the info for fantasyfest. If there is ANY way I can figure out how to come down there for that, I will.

My next trip is to Florida, no matter what.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Christa said...

her boss is gay, so yes you can!! I love our never ending summer, and the possibility that Joe is on his way down! WHat's up TBone!?!? How's that Rita treating y'all? She made a mess here, and caused us to stay in the house and drink for 2 days. Damn her.

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

?Es

 

Post a Comment

<< Home