The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

10.15.2003

ya know...the good stuff

I have found a deadly combination in my life. Never, never listen to the sounds of Pat Green, and read "The Bad Girl's Guide to Getting What You Want, by Cameron Tuttle, at least not without some serious repercussions. Cameron Tuttle is so damn funny, you've got to get all her books. The Bad Girl's Guide to.....whichever one it is, you'll laugh. So it's getting what you want today, at least that's the one I'm reading now. Oh, and the liberating powers of Pat Green. Here's an insert from a DJ in Dallas on Texas Music:

Just like everything else in Texas, we are mighty proud of it. The attitude that goes along with this, from what I've seen, is "Here I am, Here's my songs. Whatcha think?" If it catches an ear maybe it goes a little further. If not, that's fine they're satisfied coming back to Texas where the people do appreciate the music and they are already making a decent living in the dives and honkytonks.

hell yes, my fellow radio man. Thanks for showing the love of the underdog.

So take the sounds of Pat Green, then throw in the theme of the book "Get anything and everything...with style" How can you not be inspired to clean out the drawers of shit in your life? The chapter I'm on...what you want, what you really want....mmmm, so guess what ensuing? yes lists

Things I don't want:
1. to wake up tomorrow and see that I've wasted time on the wrong things
2. to feed jokes to my partner because if I say them, I might offend, I am the girl after all (GAG)
3. to get up at 2:15 to go to work anymore
4. to see my partner shamelessly try to cheer me up, cause he knows something is wrong.
5. to do charity work because I think it'll make my job better.
6. to worry about how my choices concerning work will piss off everyone I work with
7. to get my pay check, and be depressed
8. to settle
9. to miss good times, like road trippin' and porch pickin'
10.to be boring


And the things that I do want
1. to watch the sunrise in fuzzy slippers and a house robe with my cowboy man
2. to have good sex, and grow lots of flowers
3. to know that I'm doing the right thing
4. to read more
5. to wave at folks I know in town.
6. to be a celebrity to only a few, not lots and lots of people
7. to feed chickens in my rain boots and overalls (I just think I'd look GREAT in that getup)
8. to be able to tell Julia just how thankful I am for her
9. to get along with my mother ( I know, it's farfetched )
10. to love my life

things that you want...and really want. not 2.5 kids, a big house, a snazzy car, stock options, and a Prozac free 100% positive attitude. things like wind in your hair, a job that you feel good about. ya know..the good stuff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home