The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

9.11.2003

Strange Happenings

This week has been weird. I don’t know if it has to do with the change of seasons, which makes people think about change in their lives or what. But people have been just a little bit tense, a little bit angry, very contemplative. Myself included. It feels like everything is on the edge, not really sure if we are closer to the drop off or closer to safe ground, but edgy nonetheless. Its been like this at work, which makes things even more stressful. It has definitely been this way with the hubby, adding to stress levels and putting them in the red this week. If you have any advice on this subject, please feel free….

On to more fun things.

1.) I have started collecting phrases of the week. Not just cool phrases that I would like to use to be funny, oh no. I’m collecting the office phrases. You know the ones where your boss goes off to motivational training and comes back spouting a few catchy phrases that use new words to describe old ideas. We get a new one about once a week, they are more plentiful if one of our many consultants comes by. I have only been paying attention to this trend for a few weeks so my collection is rather small, but I’m looking forward to watching it grow. Here is the list so far….

-Top of Mind Awareness
-Tell the story (the clients, the listener, the bag lady)

Please add any from your office that make you giggle, laugh, gag, or just roll your eyes.

2.) I had a flashback! I had to go to a three hour training meeting on Tuesday with some fellow sales people. Two of my fellow sales people are VERY large males. One was a big college football player and the other just retired from the NFL. They are two of the nicest guys I have ever met. So, when I sat down for the meeting on Tuesday one sat on my right side and the other on my left side. First of all I felt like a dwarf. Then while we were making faces at each other during the training and giggling at the unnatural pauses the trainer would make I seriously had a flashback to high school. In high school I was always better friends with guys than I was with the girls. It has to do with going through 1-8 grades being one of two girls in my class. And I didn’t like the other girl. My only experiences with girls were with catty bitches, so I stayed away. So, I was always the one in the back row sitting with the football players and trying to out do their spitwads. It reminded me of how much I miss my best friend from high school, Jeff. And it also reminded me how much I have missed having male friends. With male friends you never feel like you have to impress them or compare shoes or talk about shopping. You can talk about a whole different world and get such a different perception on situations than what a woman would give you. Maybe that’s why Chesa and I get along so well, we don’t always talk about relationships and shopping and she always has a different perception that I could have come up with. The question is, how easy/difficult is it to have friends of the opposite sex if you are married? Keep in mind, I am not interested in these two gentlemen in the LEAST!

So, now I have given you TONS to comment on, so you better get to it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home