The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

9.09.2003

Tuesdays are days without identity to me. It's not Monday, which is good, but yet it's not quiet time to be thinking about the weekend yet, either. It's just one of those days. It's not ladies night, it's not foot ball, it's not really anything. That's really very fitting, as that's about how I feel today. I'm very bored with my life right now. The time I spend with anything of meaning, charity work, friends, meaningful conversation,....all those things are scarce right now, and I'm not sure why. I'm bored with my life, with my job, I feel like nothing is worth all the effort. I think it's the job that's throwing the balance off. I feel like my sense of humor is bland, my personality is stale. I'm all rested up from not having to work this weekend, both of which I'm not used to. I've determined that there are days that will feel like I'm running knee deep in mud, and that no matter how hard I strive, no matter how much I care, no matter what I do. Can I just come to work, do my job, and leave? Does that not make me just as complacent as those around me? The show is fine in the mornings, it sounds fine, the listeners are interested, my partner and I are not on each others' nerve, yet I want it to be more, to be better. The local paper is boring, the local news is boring. I miss going out with julia and having a beer, we haven't done that in a while. I take the Jeep for a drive, and that helps considerably. mmmmm Maybe I'll take all the old newspapers laying around here to the animal shelter, play with the puppies, and feel better.....life beyond your own drama, that's what I just posted on Joe's comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home