The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.28.2003

Every morning this week, and last week, I've come to work, and had to sort through all the contaminated emails, the ones with viruses, the forwards, all that crap. A couple of mornings, there have been 200 emails in my box, and only about 40 that I need. Well, I get to work today, and there's only 10 messages in the box. I kinda felt rejected.
But, to make my life an easier place to be this week, Julia and I have found a new place to live. We had till September 1st to get out of the old place, and after MANY days of stress and driving all over the damn county, EUREKA!!!!! It's a killer townhouse. It's not far from work for her and I, it's got a doggie door for our baby, Mapache, and this is the best part....each buliding has a different theme. One is cute country, with whiskey barrels, and milk cans, one is antique, with metal signs, and weathered wood trim, one (which is great) is New Orleans style, with metal railing around the balconies, fashly masks hanging on the outside of the buliding, a fountain, and lots of vines growing everywhere. The one we're going for is the Wichita Estate, it's all western. It's perfect, it looks much like the set of an old "shoot em up" movie. There are lots of paned glass, big shutters that look like barn doors, heavy wooden benches outside, even the inside of the place is decorated western and rustic. It's great for us, because that's our theme anyway. My HUGE Texas Flag will look amazing hangin on the wall, I've got some killer ideas for some end tables. It's getting clse to the end of the summer, and the half whickey barrels are pretty cheap right now. I want to pick up a couple of them, turn them upside down, and place a round piece of glass on top, maybe decorating with some playing cards, dice, and bottle tops between the glass and the bottom the barrel ( does that make sense) There's a real nice open bar where I can get some rustic bar stools, and the manditory fresh flowers at all time, some big red rugs for the kitchen...oooo, it'll be grand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home