The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.15.2003

Day One
So my mini vacation is in full swing, though swing isn't a good word, as my ensuing headache will prevent that. First night of Howdy Neighbor Days was Fantastic!! We sang a little gig early in the evening, which was good. After a perfect day of napping, and taking a road trip to the country house, it was great. My cowboy man was there, and that made it even better. The best part of HNDs is the beer garden, which, ironically, was where I met my cowboy man one year ago today. Let's start by creating the scene: It's an outside festival, with carnival rides, hot dog stands, the blugrass band going on the stage, it's perfect, under big shade trees, you got it? Then Julia and I are looking H-O-T hot. Julia's in the classic jeans and white t-shirt, her fab culry hair, and her perfect pointed toe cowboy boots, oh so classic, yet so trendy. I am sporting a GREAT demin skirt, with a cream coloredv-neck top, a FAB necklace, and a pair of brown cowboy boots ( this is howdy neighbor days, you have to have the boots) Keep in mind, in our state of FAB, we have our men with us. They're being perfect, even in their unperfect week. We arrive at the beer garden, which is basically some cattle panels formed in a circle around a Miller Lite wagon. We're nothing if not classy. There is a moment in everyone's life, when everything you've ever done flashes before your eyes. That moment for me was last night, and Julia was riding in the same boat as I. Now there are rumors of some wild girls that inhabit the area of Pierce City, though it's only a myth, no one's ever actually seen these girls. The do things like steal firetrucks for skinny dippin' escapades, get caught by the cutest, and I do mean cutest family of brothers in the county on one of these swimming trips, going driving in an old brown International, (the one like a jeep, with no top)going driving in one of these with the most influencial men in the town, all married, all been drinking, and all having one wild crazy night with 3 girls, a pack of cigarretts, and stories that will go to our grave, I mean the wild girls' grave. There are make out sessions that are rumored, though they can't be proven. All of these events flash through my mind as I walk through the gate of the beer garden, and everyone one of these people that have experienced the WIld Girls, is sitting at one table together, and we're being waved over. "Com'on over, sit here!!!" To make it even better, there at the head of the table is my one BIG "what if" with his wife and kids. Damn my good morals sometimes. NOw keep in mind, we didn't, I'm sorry, those rumored WIld Girls, didn't sleep with any of these people, some of them are married for heaven's sake, but it's one of those situations that I'm thinking no wife would understand. Even with The Cute, and I mean cute single boys, how could I not laugh, or even chuckle when the memories were taunting me at the very table where I sat? My cowboy man was amused my my initial uneasiness, but once we were well into the first pitcher, Julia and I were able to laugh at the situation. Luckily, there were no Wild Girl spottings last night, it's assumed they will strike before the summer is out, but doors are locked, and women are on the look out. THe cooler is packed, and we're gearing up for another night of festivities this evening. I'm working on our Satin sashes for tomorrow night, though I can't decide what to write on mine "Beer Foam Queen" "ErneFest Junkie" or "Cornbread Sweetie". Something that will match the tiara is a good thing. God, I gotta take more days off!!!
Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home