The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.12.2003

Being Exposed
Another fantastic weekend at the country home. Julia wasn't feeling well, so she was sent staight to bed, made to drink juice, and hopefully it helped. I was left to my own devices in the kitchen ( hee hee ) I didn't catch anything on fire, YAY. I got to see my cowboy man, and made a longtime dream come true. LOOK ( picture number 8386) and what a time we've had!!! I can't wait till julia is ALL better, and we can "go topless" if you will. OOO YAY. Spent some time thinking, and driving yesterday. Had a good friend with me, and she paid me a fantastic compliment. It was along the lines of how hard I work, which is a HUGE compliment. But she also made me realize that my job is just one part of my life, a big part, but still just part. Of all the things that I love, and all the people that I love, my job seems insignificant sometimes when compared to that. Then there are days that I feel like all I do is work ( dont' we all ).
I was also accused of leading a double life. WHAT?!?!? Then I thought about it, and indeed it seems that way. Julia and I work in the "city" during the week, sleep here, and LIVE here. Then on the weekends, when we're not working, we're at the "country house". I think that I might go insane, and I'm sure Julia can agree with this in her way, I would go crazy if I didn't have the chance to live my private life. Unfortunetly, I live a VERY public life all week. Everyone knows where I am, what I'm doing, where I'm headed, hell, it's radio, folks know quiet a bit. But that's during the week. On the weekends when we get out of town, I owe those limited times to no one but me. I sleep, have fun, and restructure for the week ahead. There are folks that don't know how to handle Julia and I. There are folks that will never understand us, or our motivations. The "toilet talk" of blow jobs, getting laid, lists of thoughts, or underwear with "Fabulous Babe" on the front will cause an eyebrow to raise, or better yet some talk in the office. "Well, folks, step right up and planned to bet entertained!!! On our viewing menu today is a fine collection of thoughts, from some real gals. They'll take you on an adventure, with a step into their minds, the struggles, the joys and good times that are a part of everyone's lives. And folks, here 's the kicker, if you don't like what you see, there's FULL REFUND of the free ticket. WHAT A DEAL!!!!!"
I'm just not one to dance around feelings when it comes to personal thoughts and posts here on the blog. Thank you for all the WONDERFUL comments of encouragement, as it's hard feeling exposed, and yet still wanting to talk about what's on our mind. There is much bloggin' in the future of these two sassy girls, no worries.
So, in the manner of good bloggin' everywhere, here's another list of things not commonly known:
1. Julia has taught me the best things in life, that love goes well with anything, anyone, and fits perfectly when it's right
2. Ice Cream for breakfast is not a bad thing
3. owning a new jeep can put you in a completely different mind set
4. driving a jeep in red lipstick is even better
5. when Cosmo Magazine isn't out on time, it's hard to feel organized
6. I (GASP) looked at a wedding magazine with Julia for the first time in my life about a week ago. I'm still trying to recover from the shock myself.
7. Howdy Neighbor Days is this weekend.
8. I'm paid to NOT be serious, yet everything I have posted on this blog is taken so serious, and used as a template to judge me (this is, in fact, NOT a little known fact, EVERYONE knows this)
9. I'M GOOD WITH THAT
10. remnants is just a fun word to say...see, you said it, and it's fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home