The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.04.2003

For the weekend
Well, Julia's going to work on our comments box, as it's being moody right now. YAY Julia for your smarts.
Let me ramble about our weekend, though, as it was FANTASTIC. It was one of those weekends with nothing planned, and oddly enough, we planned it that way. I had two whole days off in a row, and amazing as that is, Julia and I hightailed it out of town round about 3:30 ish on Friday. The following list is about the weekend (obviously)
1. a late afternoon nap
2. A friday night at "the country home"
3. reading "God Save the Sweet Potatoe Queens" on the front porch watching the sunset
4. getting to see my cowboy man :)
5. GETTING LAID ( I know that's such valuable info)
6. SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS
7. Saturday morning breakfast, drive through with a cup of coffe in hand, Julia, and the dog ( poor drive through worker)
8. a saturday working with my cowboy man
9. a CRAZY saturday night, dancing, cold beer, buddies old and new, and a rodeo at the end of the dance floor
10. draggin' ass Sunday morning
11. tanning on Sunday

See, not alot for excitment, but it was great. Julia cooked like a crazy woman, and it was fantastic!!!! And the best part of the weekend...I was helping Cowboy man mow yesterday, well, I laid out, got some sun, and he mowed, but anyway.....it's at his great grandparents home, which is his by testiment of The Will, and something he takes great pride in taking care of. It's the perfect country home, big porch, barn with a loft, the whole nine yards. I get the full tour of the house, along with all the history, and memories he has from when he was a kid, and when I get to the dinning area of the home, he told me to close my eyes. It's one of those moments when I was scared, though I trust him. What in god's name is he up to? Well, there on the shag carpet sat a gift that brought me to tears. It was something I had looked at about a month ago, but knew that I couldn't afford at the time. I fell in love with it then, and didn't talk much about it, as I knew that it was nearly impossible to not only buy, but get moved to our townhouse in Fayetteville. It was a solid pecan, classic antique, upright piano, with a pink padded bench. ( for our one year anniversary)
I broke the tears then, in awe that he had done something so thoughtful, so personal for me. I played the piano all afternoon while he finshed mowing. Sniff, sniff. Then ( roll the dramatic music) I had a thought. Was this a "testing of the waters" ? Was I like a lamb to slaughter, sitting in this house where he was asking my opinion on the walls, and the carpet, and what colors to use, where he came to stand in the kitchen, and listen to my play my new ivory and pecan piece of heaven? Was he thinking in terms of (GASP) long term?! ( total silence) ( crickets begin to chirp)
I have a VERY obvious fear of marriage. I've spent the last 14 years of my life knowing that I wasn't the marrying kind of girl, mostly because my mother has reminded me of it everytime I wish for something normal in my life. At one point, I know it was because she wanted something great for me, where I could stand tall on my own, and not feel like I had missed something. I know this, but still have SO many doubts about things like ( in whisper ) forever.
So, here are two prevelent thoughts on my brain this morning....
1) how wonderful it was to sit on the porch as the sun went down last night, listen to the sounds of quiet, a glass of ice tea, and look at a man who truly loves me
and
2) how in the hell can I follow the piano when looking for him a gift? What to buy, a boat or something??!?! I'm truely perflexed on that one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home