The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

7.18.2003

There's no question that I'm a girl. and a girlie girl at that. Fresh flowers in my house at all times? yes tons of girlie underwear? yes cases of makeup? definetly But I also was raised with 3 brothers, and on a ranch, so there are things about me that aren't all that girlie. I change my own oil, I can replace my spark plugs, and puton new shocks. I can hunt, and love to fish. I know which kind of cows have smaller calves so as not to hurt first year moma cows. I know this stuff. I know in what percentage you mix liquid iron to maximize your corn crop, and not burn it. I can drink whiskey like VERY few I know, men or women included in that. I can work as hard as a man, physically, sometimes I have. I say all this to show the 2 completely different sides to Chesa. Here's why I bring it up. A few days ago julia asked what kind of wedding ring I would SOMEDAY like to have. I was stumped. I had never really thought about it. I knew that engagement rings existed, but I didn't know the difference in that and a wedding ring. What about promise rings, and wedding sets, and diamond cuts. I know nothing of these things. I was never that little girl to plan her wedding at the age of 10, and decide what colors, how many in the party....all that junk. So it's been crash course for the clueless girl today. No, there's no reason why I'm looking at rings. I'm just trying to be a better informed individual.
here's to Friday, and a great weekend

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home