The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

7.10.2003

Do you ever wake up in a new world? Saying Thank You for what I have, thank you for keeping me and mine safe, for raining last night so my allergies aren't killing me? That is what I did this morning. Chesa and I took a well deserved road trip last night. We drank beer, we smoked, we talked, we went and saw her family. We both had rough days yesterday, nothing that we couldn't overcome, but rough none the less. We didn't roll into bed until about 1am, which is really hard for me because I am a serious sleep whore - I will perform sexual acts to gain more sleep if necessary. So when my alarm started going off at 6:30 this morning I made the command decision of staying in bed until 7:45 and going into work late. I called the office at 8am and asked the receptionist to sign me out until 11 because I had a meeting at 8:30 am at a remote location (actually the meeting was for 9:30). So, I got sit in peace and drink my coffee, take my time in the shower, ironed something to wear instead of running around trying to get everything done in a time period most people couldn't put socks on in. It was definitly worth it.

Thank you Chesa for being there for me last night, even when you were trying to muddle through your own crap. We also came to the realization, if you are having a bad day, go out and do the things you hate that you HAVE to do and make it the worst day so the rest of the week can be great. And sometimes with good friends the rest of the week can start that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home