The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

6.27.2003

Julia is a GREAT cook, which is one of the perks of her staying with me these days. That, and someone who understands how hard I work, and how much I give to my job, someone who sees all that we do. It means the world to me. Most folks don't understand how people that work 4 hours a day on air can be so worn out. Most people don't see the hours we spend at the station, doing all the other stuff we do, no one sees the community service element of our job (meeting the new manager of Tractor Supply, per press release, for future good standings). Most people don't see that we not only plan the concerts, promote the concert, attend the concert, talk to every FREAKIN' dumbasses that attends the concert, but we also bring the artist on stage, make sure to make them look good, keep security happy, it's alot to get done, and for no extra pay, and very little recognition. Thank you Julia, for understanding how much I try.
There will be no bloggin' from Chesa next week. I'm so busy that I have to schedule when to sleep. My days will begin around 4 ish, like usual and end around midnight everynight for 5 days. No sleep between, as it's rodeo time. Stand outside in the heat for 8 hours a day, talking to people, doing remotes to the station, being in our league. I'm not complaining, AT ALL, we're just going to be busy. THANK GOD FOR JULIA. She'll be my life saver this week. That and that bottle of whiskey in my cabinet. I have some rest time over the weekend. YAY and I'll be on remote later this morning. All because I love what I do.
thanks for listening

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home