The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

6.23.2003

There are not words to tell what a time we had this weekend. Ok, well, I will attempt to come up with a few!!! OH MY GOD, what a time we had. You have to understand our love for Pat Green. This is a man I've seen in concert of 50 times in the last 5 years. Julia, and her man are quickly building their numbers of concerts as well. This was a Dallas show, which isn't his home, but damn near close. To see near 15,000 people singing their hearts out to the songs that we know and love, it was amazing. And that was just a TINY part of the festivities. A bunch of us crazy fans, aka Greenheads, met to tail gate inthe middle of the afternoon on Saturday, after lunch with everyone a few hours before (that's jsut enough time to recover from the whiskey). It was hot, just the way I love Texas, but it was good. Julia will have more to tell, bless her little Northern heart. She's an honorary Texan, but it's hard to handle the heat when you're not used to it. Hell, I feel like I've been through a spa, minus the whole 2 day drunk thing. I think the best part of the weekend was the driving there and back. We took one vehicle, and that was such a good time to catch up on sleep, jokes, Cut Throat truth or dare (hee, hee) and just enjoy the whole roadtrip experience!!! I highly recommend a get-away to everyone!!
ok, list time...I can't help myself :D
Good times from the weekend, top 20
1. It was in Texas
2. having the people I love the most with me
3. Texas beer in constant supply
4. being cramped in the extended cab truck with my favorite cowboy
5. seeing my great family on Friday
6. waking up in Texas
7.seeing the places I love in Fort Worth.
8.being in a hotel with a slow elevator ( good for long kisses)
9. lunch with greenheads
10. Good whiskey
11. quick naps
12. tail gates and cold beer
13. THE CONCERT
14. making love in the shower in the wee hours of the morning
15. waking up in Texas AGAIN
16.lunch, shopping in Fort Worth
17. road side fruit stands
18. naps on the way home
19.pulling into my drive way after being gone
20. sitting on the hood of the truck with Julia, winding down from the weekend, smoking, and talking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home