The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

6.13.2003

So much to get done. Getting ready for Julia's b-day. What to get, where to eat..... It's Friday, and payday, and I get my first weekend off since January. YAY Some time to sleep, get some fishing time in, and celebrate the birthday all weekend. We're almost done with the EXTREME stress here at work. That's why me and my partner have the weekend off.
It's days like today that I like, lots to do, and looking good doing it. I feel better than I have in weeks, especially since I got into some old jeans, and a fun peach summertime shirt. Looking good!!!!! Throw in some peach lipgloss, and watch out radio land. Oh wait, they can't see me anyway.
Thinking about the conversation that Julia and I had the other day. "How did I get here?" I think I ask that every morning when I'm having coffee at some ungodly hour, looking around the place, and being thankful. Hell, I move about once a year, and it's hard to feel at home, to feel like everything's not temporary. I think I'm going to be in this town for a little while. The position I'm in is pretty well set for a while, and I'm good with that. I love what I do. That's why I do it. I'm good at what I do, again, that's why I do it. I have my puppy, Julia, my dearest friend, is happy in her new job, which makes me happy, because she's so close by these days. I have a great companion and cowboy man that's not far away, but not under my feet all the time. How did I get here? Lots of work, little sleep, and a pinch of good luck. I'm a Texan, in Arkansas, which is bad enough, working my ass off, as always, and I think that on this Friday, the sunshine is working it's magic. It's a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home