The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

7.25.2003

Well, I have to post on Friday, just because my fingers will be itching to blog by Monday. Oh, and I have to tell my latest idea. It's actually got alot to do with Julia. We've been on a jazz music kick these days, for about a week. I pulled out the Billie Holiday cd's, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, and my latest vocalist to fall in love with, Nina Simone * see below*(thanks to Julia). I sang Jazz back in college, to take a break form Opera, and I loved it. I can hear "Cry Me a River" and I'm suddenly back on a black stage, beside a piano, in a black dress....mmmm. So I had a premonition last night. I live in Fayetteville, a town that can be a pretty cool when it comes to the social scene. Why the hell am I not singing now? There are college kids all over this town that are probably wanting to play some music, places to play, and one sassy girl to wail....more on the plan to come.
Busy weekend, no day off till about the second week of August. You should get you a roomie like Julia, one that helps so much!!! I'd be lost without her in this busy time .

this is what we call a voice "like burbon with honey" I tried to make it a link, but it was being contrary. It's the old fashion paste-y heehee, pasties

download the "sugar in my bowl"

http://music.lycos.com/artist/default.asp?QW=nina%20simone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home