The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

8.08.2003

Some early thoughts

The reason that Julia and I choose to "secret blog" is simple. Of all the images we present in EVERY aspect of our lives, we decided to be honest with ourselves, to explore the people that we are: the good, the bad, the strong, the wimpy, the worrier, the fixer, the bitch, the lover, all of them, put them on display, be proud of it. Now, this image differs from the others in our lives. No, we're not different people, maybe just a little more guarded, a little more rough, more focused, etc. This applies to work, it does with most folks. It's been discovered that we've been discovered, by folks we work with. After considerable thought, I realize I don't give a rat's ass. The people I work around are fucking morons. Who has nothing better to do than sit around, and read the history of the computer? No wonder you suck at your job!!!! See, the great thing about me, is that I not only say that here, I would say that to every person I think that about, especially at work. My philosophy is " I don't have to like you, but I better respect you." Lucky for me, there's very few around here I feel either way about ( there are exceptions to every rule, Katie, you know who you are.) Don't get me wrong, I love my job, and for 5 hours a day, my partner and I are responsible for just us. It's not about politics, it's not about fucking morons. So, if you're reading this, and you work with me, and have nothing better to do, you deserve to know that you're a fucking moron. If you ask, "why would she say something like that?" Again, it's real simple. This blog is my place to go to be myself, not the radio goddess that I am, not the strong business woman. I don't have to live up to any limitations set by bosses, lovers, friends, family, no one. Speaking of lovers, my man knows I have this, but he doesn't know the address, he doesn't needs the address, and while he'd like to have it somedays, he's secure with the inner workings of my mind, and better yet he respects the issue of privacy. I think he likes the mystery. heehee
I don't hang out with people I work with. I work 6- 7 days a week, every week. I don't feel the need to blow smoke up anyone's ass when I'm not here at work.
Here's the bottom line:
My house is my refuge. My trips out of town are my sanity. My lover is the best part of my life. My job is the reason I strive to be a better person, and my blog is for people who give a shit. If that doesn't apply to you, Fuck Off. If you do care, and you're a blog reader, I hope you're a better person for it. I hope you laugh, you think, even roll your eyes. Maybe you can appreciate our fabulous-ness all the more, and maybe (and this is directed to the people I work with) just maybe, you can get a life of your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home