The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

10.14.2003

It's just cool enough today to sport a seasonal staple, the ever beloved scarf. True, the scarf belongs to julia, but it looks good on me, and I get lots of compliments. Works for me!! A cup of coffee, the cool air, and it's going to be a good day.
Things are looking up for the girls of the ROAD. Julia doesn't work with me anymore, and while I miss her being only a few feet away for a smoke, or for lunch, I am thrilled that she doesn't have to deal with crap, or be away from home as much. Fayetteville is a nice town, I like it. There's a good energy to it, lots to do, and being a college town, good scenery (wink). But all those things together can never compete with home. No, there's not a starbucks, or and Old navy right down the road. You can't go dancing at all hours of the night, or see big concerts in little towns. Oh, it seems really simple and stupid to most folks. I've been moving once a year for the last few years, working radio, living the life, advancing markets....yada yada...but when I was driving this past weekend, and for the first time in years, someone reconized me, and waved, I nearly teared up. Oh sure, people know my voice, and the minute I start talking somewhere, people say, " oh hey, I know you..." So, kudos to Julia, for finding out what was most important to her, and for not missing out on that. For me, I'm still working on that one. The most important things, the things that I don't want to miss...it's all going on in my head, and some days, it's driving me crazy. Ill figure it all out, and in the mean time, try not to miss all the other good things around me, like the changing of seasons, which really is a good thing...it reminds me that no matter what's going on in my head, life doesn't stop, it just keeps rolling.
Oh, and I hate to be that girl...but I can't wait till the new season of Joe Millionaire starts. I didn't even watch last season, but hell, with a texas Cowboy....I have a new date on Monday nights

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home