The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

9.18.2003

To say that we're busy is SUCH an understatement. To say that we're plain worn out, a little closer to point. Either way, my own inspiration has been lacking, or maybe lack of motivatation has made for scarce blogging this past couple of weeks. Work is hectic, with school starting there's high school football games to be at, university football games to tailgate, school kids to visit...the bull shit that's required. Our new ratings period starts today, so no more half awake mornings.....RIGHT!!!! Hell, till all that coffee sets in, I can't tell my ass from a hole in the ground. Here's to morning radio.
To make our menial exsistance significant, Julia and I have taken a good look at where we are, whether or not we're happpy, thoughts like that. Then, I realize, there are moments in my life that are of no time, of no environment. I know I'm rambling off on some tangent, but when I figure out something small, it's a big deal!!!! Every moment can be a struggle. Don't eat that donut, don't fall in love too quick, don't say what you know is the right thing, don't smoke that cigarette, don't pay too much for gasoline....everything requires an argument with yourself, or with reason, blah, blah blah. But when you feel like you're doing the right thing for the first time in years, when you look into the eyes of your niece, or your own child, when you can laugh till you're horce, and fall asleep next to someone you love.....it makes the mundane, "have to do" things tolerable. I think that's the reason I feel watered down lately, bland, oh yeah, and don't forget wasting away in some god damn hilbilly state. It's the everyday tasks that drive me crazy, that don't always allow the living, breathing things inside of me to be used. Sometimes I use all my positive energy up, and forget to replenish it. So that's where we are, in the replenishing stage...storing up on personal time, and the chance to drive around in the Jeep with the follwing glasses

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home