The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

1.09.2004

Well, of those 8760 hours, I haven't done much with the first few hundred of the year. I'm afraid that I've been rather lazy, with a trip back home to Texas for a week, and some days helping Julia add "color" to her life. We're off and running now, and after almost a month of the good life with no job, and dwindling serverance pay, one of my old radio stations called about hiring me back. They adore me, I mean why wouldn't they???!?!? Actually, they were a huge help in getting me to the Morning Show, and encouraging me the whole way. Now, I can go back, knowing more, and having my head on a little straighter. The New Year does inspire new starts, or new habits, but that's a good thing. Let's spend more time on road trips, and take more pictures to remember that crazy shit that we do. That's a good one. Every year, I try, or do something huge. This last year, it was to buy the vehicle of my dreams, the year before, to begin a huge work project, aka the Morning Show. So this year holds the promise of great things, I can feel it in my bones. In the month since I've been off work, I've recovered from the 60 hour weeks, and the no sleep. I've lost weight, and have a spark in my eye again. I was sitting in bar last night with an old friend, and some locals, and it was sad to hear how unhappy they were. They bitched about their men, and their kids, and how much money they didn't have. WAIT!!!!! There has to be more that this to talk about, and I realized why it had been a while since I'd seen them. Then I thought back on a fabulous list, and you know how we love lists...................

Party Pooper VS Party Lifer

party popper (things not to say)
I'm so tired
I probably shouldn't
It's past my bedtime
I'm wearing the wrong thong
It's fattening
I should go home

party lifer (things to say instead)
I worked so hard, it's time to cut loose
You betcha
It's bad girl time
Let's play strip poker
It's delicious
I should go again

toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home