The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

2.15.2005

New Frontiers

Chesa and I have been discussing the option of leaving Missouri. Not together, not even at the same time, but leaving, just the same. I feel like I have learned a lot living here, but I feel the rest of the world calling me. I'm tired of living in a TINY town. I'm tired of the midwest look. I hate that there is no winter here, its cold but no snow so there is nothing to enjoy about it. I do love summer here, but its annoying to sit around and wait for it to get here. I will miss some of the people I have met here, but will enjoy not living soooo close to my husbands family. I liked them a whole lot better when I only saw them twice a year. So, I've been thinking about what I have gained from living here...

1. Driving back country roads for fun and entertainment.
2. Met Chesa here.
3. Going to the creek.
4. Mudding in a jeep.
5. Learned what a real cowboy is and appreciating it.
6. Started my own business.
7. Fixed my marriage up.
8. I can and prefer to live away from my family.
9. Its best not to be friends with the town slut.
10.Holding hands and watching the sunset from your front porch is always good.
11.Working for other people sucks.
12.The school system in the south is much further behind than the north.
13.Having to drive an hour to get to any decent clothing store is unacceptable.
14.Its good to have a bar where everybody knows your name.
15.People in the south are not always friendlier.

Those are just a few. I've learned a lot since moving here and grown up. I expect the same to happen when I move again. I won't leave for about two years but the planning is in the works, where to go, what to do to make money, yada yada. Lots of decisions to make, but they all seem to make me walk a little bit lighter because I know that I won't be stagnant.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-bone here.

Sounds like you've lived bliss on a biscuit, but I can understand the need to move on. I like living in the suburbs near Fort Worth because we can go to the city or the country in a matter of minutes. Sadly, the country and the best things from it are fading away.

I hope wherever you go (and whenever), you find some happiness. I've found that often it's what you take with you that makes the difference, not where you are.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reading this post reminds me of the small town I came from. It's always nice to go home to visit, see old friends, etc., but I wouldn't trade a new, bigger city for anything. I love anonymity, it's allowed me to grow so much more as an individual. For the good AND the bad. It's good that you still appreciate the little things (front porch sitting, working on your marriage) and it's good you realize you'd like to move on.

Glad I stopped by!

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're glad you dropped by as well!
Chesa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home