The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

2.14.2005

A hint of spring
It's amazing how motivated I can be when the temperature is actually over 30 degrees. It was a nice weekend, and with the chance to open the windows in the house, turn on the tunes, I got some much accomplished. It rained all day Saturday, so it was one of those days you just want to nap, and lay around on the couch, so that's what I did. Sunday, however, was great. My house is clean, laundry put away, and me and my Cowboy man had a fantastic meal last night. It's suppose to be 70 degrees today, 70 DEGREES!!! There's no telling the amount of stuff I can get done now that that I'm not a shivering ball of cold all day.
I woke up this morning, before the alarm, which somehow always irritates me, but I took the opportunity to do some thinking this morning. My Cowboy man was alseep beside me, and that's rare all by itself, that he was able to stay all night, and not run home to take care of a bunch of measly cows, but back to my point. I thought about how much I loved this man, and how the person that I am now because I love him, and the learned ability to compromise because of him, all these make my life so much better. There's nothing better than that moment, when you know you've truly loved someone, that you've reached that point that all the Valentines Day stuff is about, when you understand all those cheesy love songs, and stand in awe for a moment at the gift that you have. It was then that a bittersweet moment crept in, as it does alot these days. It's a hard lesson to learn, a hard pill to swallow, as my grandad would say, to figure out that sometimes reality, and circustances aren't always so elated about your love. My cowboy man has made some choices, decided to save the family farm, and dedicate his life to fixing the mistakes that have been made by his family, in order to save the one thing that he's known his entire life. While that seems noble at first, after almost 3 years now, it's made me face reality, made me understand that you can't dedicate your life or time to someone you love, when it's already been alotted to something else.
So for now, especially on Valentines Day, I'll bask in the pink and red hearts, the sunshine, and the fact that all is fair in love and war.

1 Comments:

At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

T-bone here. Happy Valentine's Day.

Even the Bible recognizes the fact that no man can serve two masters (talking about God vs. money, but still). I don't know that it's noble to put a bunch of dirt above a relationship – not that your man is doing that. Just saying that to me, it's more important to build something together than try to save something alone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home