The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

1.31.2005

Like Saran Wrap

I haven't lived alone for about 9 years. Somedays I REALLY miss it. The last time I lived alone I was 17 and had an awesome apartment with all wood floors and tons of big windows. It had a rooftop garden and on a clear day you could see the lake. Last night I was really missing the solitude and peace that you get when you live alone. My husband can get very clingy. Sunday nights are usually a time when I come home from work and grab a glass of wine and go up to the bedroom to just chill. I might watch TV, I might iron, I might turn on some music and turn the lights off and just close my eyes. Its my time and I do not want to be disturbed. I don't want to talk about taxes, or this months sales figures, or the dogs, or what I bought at the grocery store, I don't want to talk - period. I was very cranky when I got home last night. No, not hormonal cranky, just had a long week and needed time to collect myself. My husband did not seem to understand this. He was in clingy, yappy mood and was trying my patience. He does not at all understand why I need this time, he does not get why in the summertime I like to go for long drives by myself for hours. Please understand that I do like to spend time with him just not ALL my time. He always reads this as I'm mad at him which annoys me even more because even more time is spent explaining that I'm not in fact pissed at anyone.
I'm usually a very focused person. I have lists in my head every day of what I need to accomplish. Sunday nights are for thinking about the things that I don't always allow myself to contemplate during the week. Here are some examples.

-Would that coral lipstick I have go with my peach sweater?
-Should I do my nails again before we go to Texas or just touch up?
-What does that construction guy who works near me look like naked?
-Does my ass look good in those jeans I bought a few weeks ago?
-Why do men still wear patterned sweaters that look like they belong on Bill Cosby?
-I wonder if my ex is married now?
-Will I ever change my mind about having kids?
-When do I want to move from this town and start over again?
-Should I color my hair? Will I if I get a grey one?
-Should Chesa keep a gun in her apartment?
-Why is my Mother acting like a selfish bitch again? Did she stop taking her meds?
-Would I ever get married again?
-Is my sister happy?
-Should I learn to speak Italian?

I realize that most of these questions are not the least important, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to think about them.
So, yet another reason I can't wait to go to Texas. I know that Chesa and I will not talk incessantly the entire time and I can have all of the time I want to think about these things, among others.


1 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the reasons that I love being friends with you, is that you think the same random thoughts I do. We'll talk about them, or just ride along and sing with the radio, whatever works!

Chesa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home