The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

1.28.2005

Just Call me Superwoman.

I feel GREAT! I had such an awesome workout this morning. I'm thinking it had a lot to do with the fact that I actually got some sleep, of course that meant that after I woke up at my regularly scheduled time, I went back to sleep for another two hours. Ahhh, it was lovely. I then had the debate of 'should I work out?' I really didn't have time, but forced myself anyway knowing that I wouldn't do it at all today if I didn't do it in the morning. I actually ended up adding about 15 minutes to my workout because I had so much energy. That left me with about 20 minutes to shower and get ready to leave, but I actually did make it to work on time! Damn, I'm good. Ok, so maybe I don't look as polished as I usually do, but too bad. I really shouldn't be taking time to blog, but after my resolution yesterday, I'm blogging daily, and that's final.
Had a good time last night, went down to Fayetteville with Chesa, where we both used to live, to pick up some concert tickets for next month. We grabbed dinner down there which was not very good, but it was nice to be out of our town. I love walking into crowded places with Chesa. We always turn heads and its always a great ego booster. We live in a small town where EVERYBODY knows us and it is so nice to have anonymity and mystery on occasion. We both grew up in small towns, moved to cities when we were just coming into ourselves and ended up on our own pretty young. I still feel pulls to the city fairly often, but also love living in the middle of nowhere. Its comforting to have 75% of the people you see driving down the road wave at you. It good going to the corner bar and knowing 90% of the people sitting at the bar, knowing that if anybody fucks with you at least 10 large men will take them out back and beat the shit out of them without blinking an eye. On the other hand, its also very nice to walk into the bar in the city and not knowing anybody, and whatever you do will not be common knowledge the next day. Not that either of us would do anything that we didn't want to get back to town (yeah, right). Anyway, we didn't stay long or party our asses of last night, we both wanted to get home. I didn't get a lot of work done yesterday and was feeling guilty about it, so I stayed up until about 1am doing paperwork. The dogs amazingly did not wake me up at 4am, like they usually do when hubby is out of town.
Today should be busy, hubby is suppose to be home late tonight, but with a bad weather front coming in, I'm not sure he will make it. Might be another night of phone sex. Damn. Really need to get laid. Oh well, I have plenty of work to keep me occupied, paperwork stacked as far as the eye can see and two apple pies that I need to bake. So, as the snow rolls in my store will have the scent of cinnamon and sugar and comfort. Not a bad way to spend the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home