The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

1.27.2005

My grandmother is one of the most spectacular women I've ever met. She's not much over 5 feet tall, which for a family of 6 footers, she seems so small. She's cool beyond grandmother sterotypes....... not I-pod cool, but cell phone and internet cool. She still calls me to figure out how to check her text messages now and then, but she's far ahead for a "Memmaw". This woman raised me, taught me her great love of cooking and running a resturant, which is what she did for years when I was growing up. She's spunky, and southern, with big Christmas dinners, and a hidden bottle of Bailey's in the cabinet. She told me last night, when I called to check on her, that she knew that I could live anywhere, go anywhere, and be great. What a encouraging, refreshing statement. It was something I needed to hear, and she came through, as always. It makes me teary here at my desk, and being in a mostly male environment, I gotta cut that shit out. Speaking of, I better get back to work...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home