The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

6.06.2005

Dear Chesa,

Don't worry, this isn't a 'dear john' letter. Its just a simple thank you note, please forgive I do not have the time to actually go to the store, buy you a card and leave it in an unexpected place like usual. I too am listening to Joni Mitchell, thanks to you loading it on my pc! I just wanted to thank you for being my best friend, for being my inspiration when times get tough. I don't know what ever made me believe for a second that there was anyway I could have even thought about doing this on my own, without you. You have inspired me because, like dumbass (my hubby) forgets, you really have it harder than anyone leaving this place. I'm so proud of you for standing your ground, and realizing that you deserve better. Not only recognizing that fact and doing something to change it. Everytime I want to bitch about my family or extended family I look at you going through hell and feel guilty and proud. Everytime I hear a line of bullshit being fed to me by a multitude of sources these days, I think NO FUCKING WAY I'm putting up with this shit. I put on my fighting gloves and get down and dirty, because that is what I'm expecting from you. If I expect it from people around me, then I damn well better buck up too.

I almost posted a withering piece this morning about leaving and being overwhelmed and being so stressed out I can barely see straight, but now I'm so glad that I didn't waste my time. Maybe its the beer talking, but after tonight I feel stronger because of you.

So thank you, once again for helping me pull my head out of my ass and making me take off the rose colored glasses, see the world for what it really is and wooping everybody into shape, myself not the least.

Kisses to you, my darling girl.

2 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Christa said...

sniff, sniff, I love you.

 
At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a best friend like that.

T-bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home