The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

5.25.2005

Evolving Dreams

What happens when your dreams come true? What happens after 'happily ever after'? I'll tell you what, you build new dreams, set new goals. Maybe they will be to keep but improve on the original and sometimes you just have to go a totally different direction. If you would have asked you what my dreams were a year ago, I would have told you that I really wanted my own store and a great sex filled marriage. Well, I got the store, done. The marriage is definitely better than ever and the sex is actually pretty fucking good. Do we still have dry spells? Do we still fight? Absolutely, but not like we used to. So what is suppose to happen now? I'm I just suppose to sit content with what I have? I'm not that girl. Complacency is the enemy, always has been for me. I get bored, I need new adventures, new goals, I want everything! I have no doubts that one day I will be my own world power. I have had had at least 6 careers and I will be 27 next month. I admit, I did have a head start, I moved out at 14 and was in charge of supporting myself so that makes it 13 years in the working world. Damn, that makes me feel old. Now, the first 12 years of that was tough and the last 6 months have been gravy, really. Please understand I'm not complaining, I really wouldn't change it. My point is I keep getting asked why I am moving 1800 miles, giving up my store and my life here for the unknown. My answer has formulated to become not only because 'I can' but because my dreams have evolved. I have new ones now. I hit the old ones, surpassed them really. My new dreams are to live on the water, decorate a beach house and make a living either writing and/or painting. Give my more creative side a little exercise. If I manage to support myself doing this, will I do it for the rest of my life? I have NO FUCKING CLUE!!!! Why do I have to? Who the fuck are these people that are trying to tell me how to run my life?!?! What on God's green earth makes them think their opinion means DICK to me? I don't know, but it is getting on my nerves. If I want your fucking opinion on how I run my life, I will do the polite thing and ask you for it, otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP! My dreams are evolving, they probably will for my entire life. So, what?

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The important thing is that they are YOUR dreams. I wish you the absolute best in chasing them. Hope you'll still take us along on your new road home. At least whatever you feel like sharing, that is.

Slice me off a piece of that dream stuff, will ya?

– Texas T-bone

 

Post a Comment

<< Home