The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

5.12.2005

if you choose to do great things...go to page 5

It finally seems as though the warm weather is here to stay. With tops off the jeeps, and coolers continually full of cold beverages, a bit of sanity is back in our world. Well, to an extent. There's still the whole moving adventure we're in, packing and purging, planning and just taking one day at a time. In the midst of all this, Julia's family is in town. She's playing hostess, party planner, packer, wife, business owner, and just Julia all at one time. WHEW! Between putting in new floors, painting walls, cleaning house for her guest, getting clean sheets out....I'm hoping she'll blog soon, but it might be one of those things to wait on.
life for Chesa? pretty much unorganization and packing tape. It's beginning to all sink in. A little delay? Maybe, but the thought that we could be gone in about 30 days has taken some time to get a grip on. Summer O' Fun, you bet your ass it will be. The amount of things to get done seem to grow daily! But then there are moments, especially when I'm with my Cowboy Man, that I realize this may be the last time we do certain things: make out on the couch, or lay in bed and laugh and talk. My excitement is bittersweet, some days more bitter than sweet, but luckily the overwhelming hope of the situation wins out today. T-Bone said it well, "trading up helps ease the pain of losing the familiar". It's like our very own "Choose your own adventure" book from 6th grade...thus the title of this post.....
My belly is growling this morning, and I wish I had a fruit stand near by to grab breakfast at....oh wait, I will soon.

1 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Joe said...

OH MAN how I miss you both this week. I've been swamped at work and haven't had the time to catch up on everything. But that doesn't mean that you are not fully in my thoughts every day. I'm sending so many calm vibes through the computer and I promise to follow every step of your journey along the way. You two are brave and courageous and about to embark on one of the best journeys of your life.

Also, so hilarious that you themed this entry "Choose your own Adventure". I was JUST thinking about those books on my walk home. I choose to slay the dragon and drink the mystery potion. Where does that leave me?

SO much love to you it's damn ridiculous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home