The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

5.03.2005

The sun shines again this morning, and while it's colder than a well digger's ass in MAY, you take what you can get, I guess. I just think there's such great Jeep time being wasted in this cold weather. To keep from going crazy about it, I keep thinking about warm breezes, new adventures, and life far away from the cold. It doesn't seem so bad. Julia's busy repainting the house to sell soon, and we're both beginning to pack and purge, as I call it, going through all our shit, and throwing most of it away. Just getting the little things done reminds me that when it seems the white trashness of this place will absolutely suffocate me, that we're paving the road to a new life, a new place, and most of all new people. It's back to work today, and while most of the time, that thought makes me groan inside, I can handle it today. I have a secret, and it's about a new venture with my best friend, and hopefully some drag queens we befriend along the way!
toodles

6 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Joe said...

You GO girls! The end is in sight! Or is it the beginning??? I can't WAIT to follow your endeavors. And if you use the term "well diggers ass" again, I very well may swallow my own tongue with laughter.

Smoochies!!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Christa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Christa said...

dear joe,
you have much to learn about good southern lingo!!

as my friend Penny Dean Smith would say "Kisses on your face!"

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say this without wanting to see drag queens, but more along the lines of beautiful scenery, muddy Jeeps and hot women in bikinis ... DON'T FORGET TO TAKE AND POST LOTS OF PICTURES.

Some of our roads home lead to addresses where there are no beaches or blue oceans, but rather large skies and gently rolling prairie. For now, that's good enough. Eventually, some of us will also hit the road to greener pastures.

– Texas T-bone

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Make sure to take pics of drag queens for me! The more glamourous the better. :-D

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Christa said...

well, of course!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home