The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

4.14.2005

I know Julia is going to post soon about leaving for her vacation to Key West. She's been packed for a week, and I can't blame her, it's Key West for crying out loud!! It just so happens that she's leaving tomorrow, and my Cowboy Man is leaving tomorrow as well. Is that everyone I know in town? Almost. Everyone I can stand to be around, anyway. So, while I'm really happy that Julia is going to be sunning on the beach, drinking the entire time, and figuring out a way to not have to come back, it's gonna be a long weekend for me. My house is clean, my laundry's pretty well caught up, what on earth am I going to do all weekend, better yet, all week while she's gone? I think I'm more tore up about her being gone, than my Cowboy Man. How sad. We've contemplated just hiding me out in a suitcase, but then where would she put all her fabulous clothes? Besides, her husband might notice. My one great consolation is that she's my best friend, and best friends bring home great gifts. I'm hoping that she'll buy a house while she's there. Then she would come back here to sell her current home, and she'd need someone to be at the new home in her absence, do some painting, clean up the yard, things like that, and being her best friend, I'd volunteer for the job. See what I good friend I am?
I guess I can go a week without her, though it will be very quiet at work with no one to IM all day, no one to call and proclaim for the 50th time what morons I'm surrounded by, and no one to understand my white trash limit like her. Sniff, Sniff. It's gonna be hard, but we'll see what happens. I have a feeling I'm going to be using a few vacation days this week, in Julias honor.
Have fun on your ABFAB vacation. bitch.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home