The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

4.20.2005

Home, finally.

By the title, you might think that this means my vacation is over. You would be wrong. I have not yet gotten back on the plane to Missouri, but I am home. I don't know why this place makes me feel like that. If you live far away from where you grew up, you know what I'm talking about, that comforting feeling when you go home for Christmas and everything is just as you remember it. Sure, minor things have changed, land has been developed, houses have been remodeled or torn down or dilapitated, but it still feels like home. That tree you planed when you were six is still there and still growing. You get hugs from the family and you sit in front of the fire with hot cocoa and stare at the family tree that is decorated with all of the ornaments you helped make. Thats the feeling I get here. I can't even tell you why. Its NOTHING like where I grew up, I don't know a soul here, much less have the comforts of family. Maybe its the relaxed atmosphere, maybe its seeing things that remind me of home. It doesn't really matter why I suppose, but it is important that I feel it.
I realize that at this moment I am a tourist here, but I know one day soon I will be a local. I know that transformation will not take long, because as I watched the cruise ship dock in front of my ocean view yesterday afternoon and the lemmings coming off the boat in droves, I thought to myself, fucking tourists. I guess its because I can look at them and see the cameras dangling around their necks and their tube socks covered with sandals and I could be in Branson, MO.

I know I promised pictures today, but I don't feel like it and I'm on vacation and don't have to do anything I don't feel like, maybe tomorrow.

The plan for today is, go take a dip or two in the pool, have a beer for lunch, have incredible head board banging sex and check out some real estate. Oh, AND I'm going to see my first ever drag show tonight and I'm so excited I could spit. The 'woman' that offered me my free tickets on the street last night was larger than my husband and had better legs than me. If I were a man, I would totally be a queen.

And I've only called Chesa about 4000 times in the past few days to tell her about everything I see and how she should be seeing it too! I can't wait until we move here.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOON

chesa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home