The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

4.19.2005

Adventures at Sea

Well, I am officially on vacation. It was a bit of a rough start because of leaving at 3:30am on Saturday. After 12 hours of traveling hubby and I were both a bit grumpy and getting on each others nerves. We stayed at the Chesapeake in Islamarada on Saturday night, and were finally getting along by Sunday morning. By the time we finished our drive to Key West and checked into the Hilton we were relaxed enough to be getting along.

I'm sitting in front of one of the french doors that is thrust open and listening to the boats going in and out of the gulf harbor. FYI - the fishing guides also prove to be quite scenic. Yummy. We haven't really participated in much activity, which makes it the perfect vacation for me. I've sat by the pool to work on my tan, which is coming along nicely, swam about 1000 laps and eaten so much delicious cuisine its insane. I've also tried to max out a few credit cards while shopping for my new Florida wardrobe. Just going to a restaurant here is so different from home. There isn't anything on the menu that is 'chicken fried, and covered in white gravy'! Actually since I've been here I have inadvertently renewed my status as a vegetarian. Not because of any political stance, but because its really the food I lust for. Pasta with fresh tomatoes marinated in fresh basil and olive oil, grilled marinated vegetable platters, entire meals created with portabello mushrooms......aggghhhhh. Yum. I'm sure most of you do not understand how this is not even remotely possible where I currently live.

The only thing that isn't perfect about this vacation, is no Chesa. I know that she is sitting in her dusty office miserable and that is the only rain on my sandy beach mentality right now.

Stay tuned, I will have pictures tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no rain, you enjoy yourself, and hurry back with good stories!
Chesa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home