The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

2.05.2004

Storybook Romance

I was reading an article about relationships and what couples say about how they met or ended up together and then they also revealed the truth. When people ask me how I ended up with my husband (which happens ALOT when there is a very obvious age difference) I always say I met him through my sister. Which is sort of true.

My sister did work for him. The first time I talked to him I was in college. It was one of those Saturday mornings where you woke up with a headache because of the events on Friday night. Anyways I had this horrific dream that my sister was in a snowmobile accident and as soon as I woke up I just HAD to make sure that she was ok. So, I picked up the phone, my voice still groggy when I dialed her at work. My future husband answered and replied that he was not a slave driver and didn't make his secretary work on Saturdays and then proceeded to make fun of me as I tried to explain that I forgot it was 8am on a Saturday and made myself sound even more like a flighty dumbass. Keep in mind of my thoughts on this man. Self made, successful, sister said he was very attractive and going through horrible divorce with wretched wife. When my sister says someone 'attractive' that didn't exactly have me jumping over the moon. She also referred to him as somewhat of a cowboy. So, in my mind I was thinking - 5'9" in cowboy boots (my sis is attracted to small people) with a tacky hat (bald underneath no doubt), scrawny, with a HUGE rhinestone belt buckle. Not an impressive image. It didn't help that he wanted to make fun of me while I was still too sleepy to defend myself and feeling very vulnerable (ok, lots of self pity over roaming boyfriend). Anyways whenever I would call my sisters work and he would answer he would make polite conversation. And he never let me forget about that first mistake. Eventually we found each other on line once or twice and would have a short little chat. I was bored and there he would be. Our conversations became lengthier... My sister had described me to him (as I later found out) without ever showing him a picture (which she had, bitch) and his mental image of me was no better. She described me as the following - bitch (my sister is very passive whereas I am the first to speak out for what I believe - she sees that as bitch) pretty in an unconventional way (I do have loads of curly hair that she sees as different) and too smart for her own good (because I love practical jokes and having fun and taking risks). He ended up with a picture in his head of a short, dumpy, punk chick with blue hair and green fingernails. (I'm so NOT that). So, you could say that our opinions of each other had no where to go but up. Anyways, our conversations were getting longer and more frequent. Oh, and um nobody knew about them.

One evening he mentioned that he had a meeting in the city the next morning. I mentioned that I didn't have class and he asked me out to lunch. I was pretty high on alcohol and put and said SURE! Free lunch, sounds good. Oh, and this was about the time that every other week I was engaged to someone I now refer to as fuckhead. I do remember that I was currently broken up with fuckhead and freely dating, but still believed I loved fuckhead. So, he picked me up and we were both pleasantly, I'd like to say suprised, but shocked would be a better description. I saw a man waiting for me that is 6'4", sexy salt and pepper hair, with a black armani suit, black wool overcoat and piercing blue eyes. I was wearing a khaki mini skirt, white button up shirt and hiking boots (it was quite a few years ago, yes that was in style) and a brown leather jacket. I looked good, I was modeling at the time so it wasn't like I had no idea I was good looking. We had a three hour lunch, I have no idea what we talked about, but when he started to get up when I got to asking uncomfortable questions about a mutual friend that I heard he was dating I firmly instructed him to sit back down and start with some answers if he ever expected to see me again. He sat back down.

He dropped me off back at school so I could get to class and as soon as he stopped the car I was out of it. I knew I had feelings for this man, but didn't know how involved I wanted to get. He still says to this day that I didn't wait for the car to stop, but I did!

I talked to him on-line that night and thanked him again for lunch. At the time I was pretty stressed out over exams and boyfriend troubles and he said he had a meeting the next day about 3 hours away, would I like to go with him and get out of the city? I agreed, I didn't have anything else to do. He picked me up the next day (2hours out of his way) and we talked all the way there. He went to his meeting while I did some shopping in the town where we were. On the way home we stopped for dinner and when we walked out of the restaurant he kissed me. It was good. It was very good. I was feeling stars in my head good. We got back into the car to finish the trip and as we were driving down the road he reached over, took my hand, pulled it up to his lips and lightly kissed it and told me what a fascinating person he found me to be. I was in him lap in seconds. Yes, you read that right. The rest of the two hours home we were making out like teens in the back of a movie theater. I wanted sex, and I wanted it immediatly. It had started to snow while we were at dinner and by this time it was a full blown blizzard. I kept thinking that he would just pull over and get a hotel for the night, but he just kept driving and kissing. We finally made it back to his house (he had to get home for the dog) and had sex for about 9 hours straight. It was the greatest sex I have ever had. I spent the rest of the next day in his robe, in his bed, in the hot tub. He cooked for me, he brought me coffee in bed (he still does that) and it was fantastic. He was suppose to be my rebound sex. My fling. My sew my wild oats person before I married fuckhead. Instead I married him two years later.

Need I mention its snowing outside and hubby is out of town and I'm horny as hell? I didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home