The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

5.12.2003

You need a break......., skipping with jelly beans? Poor Julia, she's overworked. She needs a good road trip, on a sunny afternoon, with a cooler of Miller Light, and some sexy sunglasses. We can stop at every road-side fruit stand, picking up peaches and strawberries that are warm from the sun, mmmmmm, then sing along to "UNA MAS CERVESA....." That's the cure for whatever ails ya!! It was a good weekend though, minus the fact that I had to be civil with my family. The entire dinner was composed of the interigation on my personal life, and when I was having kids, and getting married, and when was I gonna catch up with my little brother, whos daughter we just all adore. My preacher grandfather even included this line in the lunchtime prayer "bless all the mothers here, and bless those who will be mothers some day, even if they don't except that now." MMMM, I have brothers. No other sisters, and consequently, the only female at the table without a chain around their neck, um, sorry, I mean husband and kids. I wonder who he was talking to in that one? Being the quiet, shy, reserved gal that I am, I offered to take my lunch on the patio with the fountain statues, as they were better company. That stopped the nagging about 10 minutes. Did you know that if you mix an Amaretto Sour just right, it looks like iced tea? "Can I pour you some more tea?" "NO!! I'll get it thanks" After all was said and done, I had enough sanity left to get to Julia's house. She was waiting with beer in the fridge, she knows the way to my heart!!! After seeing a particularly charming young man last night, ok, the man I love, I've decided how to deal with the parents....next time they give me hell about having kids, I'll tell them that we're working at it every chance we get, and if they want to pitch in for the condom fund, I'm ok with that. I think that should do it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home