The Road Home

Where two fabulous women spill most of their beans.

4.21.2003

Maybe I have procrastinated enough. I started this blog to try and figure out what I want in life, among other reasons such as keeping a log of my life. Here are the facts. I'm confused. I don't know what makes my happy. I don't think I have ever been content. I'm not sure what in my life I like and what I don't. I'm going to be 25 this year and I don't feel like I have accomplished anything that I set out to. This fact scares me in that I might be at the same point at 35. And 45 and so on. I'm married, not sure if it constitutes as happily or not. I have two step children. I have three dogs. I live in bumblefuck south, and even though I'm 10 hours from where I grew up I don't feel like I have gotten out of my hometown like I promised myself I would. My careers have included, but are not limited to; professional ballerina, model, student, sales rep, dept. manager, marketing consultant, copy writer, receptionist, and housewife. I don't think I've really enjoyed any of them. I have no faith that if I quit my current miserable job that the next one will be any better, that I won't loathe it any less. I don't think that I want a divorce, but I'm not sure if I want to be married either. I don't think I'm happy living in the town I'm in, but I don't know if I like any of the options I have when it comes to moving. I know I used to be very confident about my looks and intelligence, now I wonder how much I ever had of either. I have trouble talking to people about anything serious, ecspecially my husband. I'd rather write everything down because when I get into arguments, I get petty and mean. I used to be fearless, now I'm scared to do anything. I don't know how to fix any of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home